Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stanford Bike Activist/TransCon Vet & Artist Draws the Eagle


I was stopped at the Stanford University fountain working my iPhone DoList yesterday when LucyAnne Richards asked me if it would be OK for her to draw my bike. Of course I said yes and as I did my work, she did hers..








I thought nothing about it until I took a look at what she created and she told me a little about herself.




Lucy, who is in a mechanical design class, was fascinated by my bike for more than just the unique angles. She rides too. And talk about female gonzo. Lucy rode from Colorado to the Atlantic not once but twice. And one of the times was all by herself!

She even went out and got a grant so she could do more with her passion for bikes. New to the campus, she wants to interview me and learn all she can about local area bike culture so she can answer why bicycles are important in creating more sustainable and healthy communities.


Hopefully we'll see more of Lucy as we here at the National Bicycle Greenway help her get the data she needs to make her grant benefactors happy.

THX 4 all of U!!